Hotel registration at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center is now available. You may call Marriott Reservations at 800-228-9290 or 404-261-9250 and identify yourself as part of the SECSOR Mar2018 group. Information from the hotel, including booking link:
SECSOR MARCH 2018
Start date: 3/1/18
End date: 3/4/18
Last day to book: 2/16/18
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
· Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center for 109.00 USD per night
· COMPLIMENTARY PARKING FOR HOURLY GUESTS AND
$5 SELF PARKING FOR OVERNIGHT GUESTS
Book your group rate for SECSOR MARCH 2018
The Atlanta Marriott Buckhead is at 3405 Lenox Road NE, near the Lenox Road MARTA station and within walking distance of Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza.
Please note that this is a different Atlanta-area location than previously announced, since renovations at our planned location are not yet completed. We trust that the Buckhead location will meet our needs.
Due to the change in venue, we have a smaller block of reserved rooms for the meeting. It is very important that you make your room reservations as early as possible.
See you in Atlanta!
I am glad to say that we are ready to resume registration for the 2018 annual meeting. The location has changed. Due to construction issues out of our control, we had to identify and negotiate a contract with a new site. We will now be meeting at the Buckhead Marriott and Conference Center.
Bryan Bibb, SECSOR Board Chair
Register now for the 2018 SECSOR Annual Meeting in Atlanta, March 2-4.
ALL ATTENDEES: Please register at the SECSOR Eventbrite site. Students: there’s a $10/person discount for the first 30 student registrants!
If you are interested in attending the Women’s Caucus Breakfast or the Underrepresented Minorities Luncheon, please register for these events. There’s no additional charge, but we need a head count for the caterer!
ACCOMODATIONS: We will meet at the Buckhead Marriott and Convention Center.
PRESENTERS: The draft program is available. (It will be updated as we get new information.) Some reminders:
- Check your own listing to make sure that your name and presentation title are correct. If corrections are needed, send them to ED@secsor.org.
- If you indicated that you need A/V setup, your session should be marked with “A/V Room Required.” If it is not marked, and you indicated A/V needs when you submitted your proposal, please contact the chair(s) of your section (not the ED). Also, remember that you are responsible for bringing your computer and projector; SECSOR provides the screen and cart. (A projector will be available for the Undergraduate Research sessions only.) Most universities make portable projectors available to faculty. If you have difficulty obtaining a projector, contact the presider of your session or the chair(s) of your section.
- All presenters need to be registered for the meeting. Please preregister if possible!